Anyone working with Kubernetes knows that containers are stateless and immutable. But in reality, there are very few apps that don’t require state. If you want to do something useful with your application, data needs to be stored somewhere, and it also needs to be accessible by other services.
Scale and velocity are the main drivers behind Kubernetes adoption. Kubernetes allows companies today to run thousands of cloud native applications, including many stateful applications like databases. But that also means managing complex stateful workloads within large cloud native systems can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to rolling updates or migrations.
Join our upcoming webinar in collaboration with Portworx to learn how software teams can manage stateful applications and their many operations tasks more efficiently, predictably, and reliably.
The webinar covers:
- Challenges around automating databases
- How to reliably run stateful applications like databases in a Kubernetes environment
- How GitOps is used to manage changes in persistent data for containerized clusters and applications
- A live demo that shows tips and tricks of managing stateful apps in Kubernetes
Webinar date and time:
July 23, 2019 @ 10am PT
- Ryan Wallner, Portworx
- Sebastian Bernheim, Weaveworks