Three unmissable events: KubeCon, GitOpsCon and the GitOps One-Stop Shop
Three opportunities to learn more about GitOps in October: GitOpsCon, KubeCon and Weaveworks’ own GitOps One-Stop Shop. No matter if you are a seasoned practitioner or a beginner, we have talks and learnings for all levels.
For anyone keen to learn more about GitOps, we have not one but three great events taking place in October 2021 - and while all can be attended virtually, those located in or near California can attend two of them in person.
October 11: KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
First up is KubeCon – or KubeCon and CloudNativeCon North America 2021, to give the dual event its full title. Taking place physically at the Los Angeles Convention Center, it kicks off with two days of pre-event programming on October 11, before the convention gets underway in earnest on October 13.
We’ll be there at booth S5 – or you can tune in virtually. Aside from demos on Weave GitOps and interesting office hours talks, you have the chance to win a brand new iPad for filling out our quick survey!
To request a meeting with us in advance (virtually or in person) at the event, just fill out this form.
Here’s the full list of sessions members of our team will be involved in:
Wednesday, October 13
- 11.00-11.35 PDT: Helm: The Charts and the Curious (Karena Angell & Paul Czarkowski, Red Hat; Carlos Panato, Mattermost; Scott Rigby, Weaveworks)
- 14.30-15.05 PDT: GitOps+Jenkins-CI With Declarative Everything (Kingdon Barrett, Weaveworks)
- 15.25-16.00 PDT: Panel Discussion: OpenGitOps and the GitOps Working Group (Cornelia Davis, Amazon; Dan Garfield, Codefresh; Christian Hernandez, Red Hat; Chris Sanders, Microsoft; Leonardo Murillo, Weaveworks)
Thursday, October 14
- 11.55-12.30 PDT: Flux's Roadmap to General Availability (Hidde Beydals & Michael Bridgen, Weaveworks)
Friday, October 15
- 14.30-15.05 PDT: SIG Contributor Experience Deep Dive (Alison Dowdney, Weaveworks; Bob Killen, Google; Christoph Blecker, Red Hat)
October 12: GitOpsCon
GitOpsCon is an event-within-an-event, focusing specifically on GitOps technology and best practice. Completely vendor neutral, it is aimed at audiences new to GitOps as well as those currently using the model.
Because this event shares a venue with KubeCon, we’ll be at booth S5 – unless, as with the KubeCon sessions above, you tune in online.
Sessions to which we’re contributing are as follows:
- 09.00-09.10 PDT: Welcome & State of GitOps (Dan Garfield, Codefresh & Scott Rigby, Weaveworks)
- 10.20-10.30 PDT: Keynote: Creating the Enterprise App Store (Alexis Richardson, Weaveworks)
- 13.55-14.25 PDT: Tales from the Branches: GitOps in the Real World (Dan Garfield, Codefresh; Cornelia Davis, Weaveworks; Christopher Lane, Chick-fil-A; Mae Large, State Farm; Mike Bowen, Blackrock & David Lewis, Starbucks)
- 16.50-17.10 PDT: GitOps Use Cases & Best Practices Comedy Game Show (Tamao Nakahara & Sebastian Bernheim, Weaveworks; Chris Short, Red Hat & Javeria Khan, Snowflake)
October 20: GitOps One-Stop Shop
A GitOps Days community special, the GitOps One-Stop Shop is a virtual-only event brought to you by Weaveworks and featuring contributions from GitOps practitioners at companies including Microsoft, Amazon and VMWare.
Taking place on October 20, the event will look at how the Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s Flux project - the software at the heart of Weave GitOps - is being put to work in the enterprise today. Taking place from 09.00 to 12.30 (PT), the event will feature a host of contributors including:
- Chandler Hoisington, Kubernetes General Manager at Amazon Web Services
- Deepak Goel, Chief Technology Officer, D2IQ
- Jason Hansen, Principal Program Manager, Azure Arc at Microsoft
- Ben Hale, Senior Staff Engineer at VMWare
- Liz Warner, SVP of Engineering at Weaveworks