Meet the Weaveworks & Flux Team @ KubeCon NA 2022
Meet the creators and maintainers of GitOps, Flux, and Flagger at KubeCon North America 2022, in person or online.
KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is approaching quickly! As founding members of the CNCF, the Weaveworks team is looking forward to visiting Detroit and having some great sessions, demos, and sweepstakes too. Whether you are attending in person or virtually from home, we hope you’ll drop by, see the latest features of Weave GitOps, and talk to our technical team about your Kubernetes and GitOps requirements. Here’s what’s happening next week.
We’d Love to See You at our Booth
You can find us at booth #S58 from October 26-28. Our team will showcase the latest features of Weave GitOps, specifically demonstrating trusted delivery using policy as code in your GitOps pipeline and answering any questions you may have. While you’re at it, enter our sweepstakes for a chance to win a Holy Stone Drone.
Can’t make it in person? You can still catch all the action from your office or home. Visit our virtual booth which is available beginning October 23rd.
Customized Demo Meeting - Book it now!
Weave GitOps includes all the components you need to introduce Trusted Delivery to your cloud-native applications, including:
- GitOps continuous reconciliation
- VS Code plugin
- Policy as code using OPA (Open Policy Agent)
- Weave Policy Library: curated library of 100+ OPA-based library
- Multi-tenancy with Team Workspaces with full roles based access control
- Observability dashboards
Plus, new features like Progressive Application Delivery allow you to deploy new features and fixes into production safely. Book a meeting with our team at KubeCon to see a custom demo and ask us about our Weave GitOps Accelerator Program.
Flux, Flagger & Weaveworks KubeCon NA 2022 Schedule
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned Cloud Native veteran, there’s a full curated schedule of events featuring industry experts covering GitOps, security, AI, edge, and more.
Weaveworks Sessions Include:
Monday, October 24th
- 1:00 pm EDT - Flux Project Meeting
Wednesday, October 26th
- 2:30 pm EDT - Tutorial: So You Want to Develop a Cluster API Provider? - Anusha Hegde & Winnie Kwon & Sedef Savas, VMware; Richard Case, Weaveworks; Avishay Traeger, Red Hat
- 3:25 pm EDT - Flagger, Linkerd, and Gateway API: Oh My! - Jason Morgan, Buoyant & Sanskar Jaiswal, Weaveworks
- 4:30 pm EDT - Tutorial: How to Write a Reconciler Using K8s Controller-Runtime! - Scott Rigby, Somtochi Onyekwere, Niki Manoledaki & Soulé Ba, Weaveworks; Amine Hilaly, Amazon Web Services
Thursday, October 27th
- 11:00 am EDT - Learn About Helm and Its Ecosystem - Andrew Block & Karena Angell, Red Hat; Matt Farina, SUSE; Scott Rigby, Weaveworks
- 2:30 pm EDT - Flux Maturity, Feature, and Contrib Update - Kingdon Barrett & Somtochi Onyekwere, Weaveworks
And, Some Pre-KubeCon Focused Events Too!
Monday, October 24 - Cloud Native Telco Day
- 1:45 pm EDT - Moving Towards Environmentally Sustainable Operations With Cloud Native Tools - Niki Manoledaki & Chris Lavery, Weaveworks; Marlow Weston, Intel; William Caban, Red Hat
- 2:45 pm EDT - Lightning Talk: What Are MicroVMs? And Why Should I Care? - Richard Case, Weaveworks
Tuesday, October 25 - Prometheus Day
- 11:40 am EDT - Automate Your SLO Validation with Prometheus & Flagger - Sanskar Jaiswal & Kingdon Barrett, Weaveworks
Tuesday, October 25 - GitOpsCon
- 9:45 am EDT - How to Achieve (Actual) GitOps with Terraform and Flux - Priyanka “Pinky” Ravi, Weaveworks
- 10:35 am EDT - Toward Full Adoption of GitOps and Best Practices at RingCentral - Ivan Anisimov, RingCentral & Tamao Nakahara, Weaveworks
- 1:10 pm EDT - Lightning Talk: Green(Ing) CI/CD: A Sustainability Journey with GitOps - Niki Manoledaki, Weaveworks
- 1:40 pm EDT - Complete DR of Stateful Workloads, PVs and CSI Snapshots via Flux and Vault OSS - Vanessa Abandwah & Kingdon Barrett, Weaveworks
- 2:15 pm EDT - GitOps with Flux and OCI Registries - Soule Ba & Scott Rigby, Weaveworks
- 2:15 pm EDT - Pixie + Flux, VSCode, GitOps Observability from Top to Bottom - Somtochi Onyekwere, Weaveworks
Live Booth Demos
We’ll be showcasing the latest features of Weave GitOps at our booth (#S58):
Trusted Application Delivery
Weave GitOps includes policy as code checks to ensure that misconfigurations are automatically detected, notified, and the deployment halted. The policy engine is built on Open Policy Agent (OPA). It includes a curated library of over a hundred policies on industry standards and best practices such as: SOC II, PCI-DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, MITRE ATTACK. You can easily add policies to this library too. Learn more about Trusted Application Delivery.
Experience the benefits of progressive deployment strategies for Kubernetes applications across multiple clusters and infrastructures with Weave GitOps. Progressive application delivery makes your deployments safer and more predictable, and delivers the best possible experience for end users. If a deployment fails, it can be easily rolled back by simply reverting to the previous version of the Git repository. Learn more about Progressive Delivery.
Multi-Tenancy with Team Workspaces
Team Workspaces in Weave GitOps provides full role-based access control (RBAC) along with Policy as Code to ensure that each DevOps team has access to the resources they require and filters out those resources that do not concern them.
Weave GitOps now provides some ClickOps capabilities via the user interface. This new capability speeds up the onboarding of new team members, getting them productive right away while fitting right in with existing Git workflows.
See you there!