Scope 0.15: Search and Enhanced Kubernetes Visualization
Weave Scope is a zero-config, drop-in solution for visualizing, monitoring and controlling your Docker and Kubernetes cloud-native applications. Today, we’re releasing Weave Scope 0.15, focused on Search and enhanced Kubernetes...
Weave Scope is a zero-config, drop-in solution for visualizing, monitoring and controlling your Docker and Kubernetes cloud-native applications. Today, we’re releasing Weave Scope 0.15, focused on Search and enhanced Kubernetes integration.
Search: when operating on large topologies, it can become hard to find the specific node you’re looking for. To address this we’ve added a smart search field that allows you to filter what you can see by container names, all kinds of metadata, e.g., IP addresses, and metric comparisons, e.g., CPU > 50%.
Kubernetes Integration: Back in November 2015 we released the initial integration between Kubernetes and Scope. Since then we’ve been gathering your feedback and spent the last month making Scope the best tool for visualising, monitoring and managing your Kubernetes applications. We have:
- Added a simple, single command method for deploying Weave Scope to your Kubernetes cluster
- Added dynamic filters for Kubernetes namespaces
- Added views for the latest Kubernetes 1.2 objects – ReplicaSets & Deployments
- Improved the information density and navigability of our Kubernetes views
- Exposed much more information about various Kubernetes objects such as Pod IPs, Service IPs, states, number of children etc
- Added the ability to show Pod logs, delete Pods and scale Replication Controllers
Big shout out to Jan Willies and Kelsey Hightower for their feedback here!
There are numerous other improvements, including performance enhancements, various fixes to make the topologies update faster, improvements to the filtering to make it more accurate, a ‘scope help’ command and more.
For more details about these key features and more, check out the complete changelog, read our new documentation section or download and try it out. As always, your feedback is not only welcomed, but critical to delivering a product developers love to use! Please let us know what you like, what’s not working, and any improvements or other features you’d want to see in future releases. Reach us on Slack, IRC, Github, or Google Groups.