The GitOps Guide to Building & Managing Internal Platforms
In our most recent white paper “The GitOps guide to building and managing internal platforms” we uncover the delivery of a self-service developer experience. In order to improve overall organizational productivity and development velocity, there is a growing emphasis on the developer experience team and how they collaborate with the platform team.
How GitOps Eases Multicloud Migration
Continuous AWS Cloud Security with Trusted Delivery
6 Key Ideas Shaping GitOps Today
According to the State of DevOps report in 2020 and 2021, in high maturity DevOps organizations, a standout trait is the presence of two types of teams:
1. Stream-aligned teams, and
2. Platform teams.
Stream-aligned is another term for application development teams.
Platform teams, on the other hand, exist to support application development teams and make resources available to them whenever needed. Thus, the report shows that adopting the internal development platform approach is a successful model prevalent in high performance DevOps teams. However, this is a new concept that many organizations need to learn before they master.
Our most recent white paper addresses this vital topic that DevOps teams looking to reach higher levels of maturity need to pay attention to.
Who Should Read this Whitepaper?
- DevOps team leaders, and managers who are looking to build an effective team culture that’s based on automation.
- Platform managers and architects looking to deliver a developer self-service experience.
- CTOs and Heads of Engineering looking to facilitate collaboration across software delivery teams across their organization.
- SecOps professionals looking for ways to build security into every step of the software delivery process.
- Anyone looking to adopt GitOps practices in their software organization.
Key ideas in the white paper:
- Development teams require a self-service developer experience to deliver software faster and with better quality. An internal platform enables this.
- How an internal platform delivers various benefits such as hybrid cloud management, built-in compliance, and zero-trust security.
- The GitOps approach to building and managing internal platforms.
- A GitOps adoption plan for your organization.
- An overview of Weave GitOps and how it enables GitOps adoption, and internal platform management.