Empowering Platform & Application Teams: A Closer Look at Weave GitOps Enterprise Features
Weave GitOps Enterprise is a full-stack GitOps platform that helps platform and developer teams automate application delivery. Learn more about its distinct features in this blog here.
If you’re new to Weaveworks or have been following us for a while, here’s a quick introduction to Weave GitOps Enterprise: a full-stack GitOps platform that empowers platform and developer teams to streamline Kubernetes operations. Initially launched in 2021, it leverages the capabilities of Flux CD, Flagger, and other leading open-source tools.
Leveraging GitOps principles, Weave GitOps Enterprise enables organizations to automate the software delivery lifecycle post continuous integration and easily deploy applications into any Kubernetes cluster.
Since the first release, we’ve made significant changes to the product and added numerous features. In this post, we’ll outline Weave GitOps Enterprise features and how they can revolutionize your team’s workflows and simplify operations.
Weave GitOps Enterprise Application Features
There are numerous hurdles application teams face while onboarding tenant applications. These encompass managing multiple application pipelines, addressing scalability concerns, and adhering to stringent compliance requirements. At Weaveworks, we understand all of these concerns and have crafted a suite of features tailored specifically to streamline this process. These features include:
1. Application Pipelines: Simplify the process of moving applications across various environments, be it testing, development, or production. With Weave GitOps Enterprise, you can establish delivery pipelines for applications packaged as Helm Charts, ensuring smooth transitions through different stages of your Kubernetes workflow. This leads to improved speed, reliability, and operational efficiency in your deployments. Read more.Weave GitOps Enterprise Pipelines
2. GitOpsSets: GitOpsSets enable Platform Operators to have a single resource definition for an application for multiple environments and a fleet of clusters. Leveraging generators, GitOpsSets automates the application resource management. This feature simplifies the complex process of defining repetitive, individual parameters and variables by abstracting them to a single definition, making it fast and easy to configure and deploy multiple environments. Read more.
3. Progressive Delivery: Minimize deployment risks by leveraging rollout tactics like canary, A/B, and blue-green deployments. Weave GitOps Enterprise’s Progressive Delivery capability is a protective barrier for new application versions, significantly lowering the chances of system-wide failures and downtimes. De-risk deployments with controlled testing and progressive rollouts of new features. Read more.
4. Trusted Application Delivery: This feature can help you prioritize security and compliance by automating policy enforcement during deployment. It allows platform teams to define and enforce security and compliance policies, ensuring your applications are always protected. This can help you simplify compliance to organizational and regulatory benchmarks and give you greater confidence in your deployment processes. Learn more about this feature.
5. Team Workspaces: Weave GitOps Enterprise's Team Workspaces feature can help you enhance organization and collaboration within multi-tenant environments. With the Workspaces features, you can create separate workspaces for different teams and projects so each team can have its dedicated resources and permissions. Some benefits include streamlining your Kubernetes management process, reducing complexity, driving innovation and boosting team productivity. Discover more here.
Weave GitOps Enterprise Platform Features
Platform operations teams often face challenges in managing Kubernetes clusters, such as configuration, version management, and resource allocation. Weave GitOps Enterprise makes GitOps a reality by implementing the core principles of GitOps. It’s equipped with many features designed specifically to address the challenges of Platform teams.
1. Cluster Fleet Management: Manage Kubernetes clusters’ lifecycle using Cluster API (CAPI), Terraform, or Crossplane. Teams can manage clusters across different environments and platforms, ensuring smooth performance and efficient handling of cluster-related tasks.
2. Dynamic Automation with GitOpsSets: Weave GitOps Enterprise's GitOpsSets feature can automate infrastructure management using dynamic templates. Platform teams can use this feature to automate the management of Terraform resources, synchronize secrets, and dynamically generate application resources based on changes. GitOpsSets can save you time and effort and help you keep your infrastructure aligned with the current state of your applications. Read More.
3. Terraform Controller: Streamline infrastructure automation and provisioning with Weave GitOps Enterprise's Terraform Controller can streamline infrastructure automation and provisioning. Easily manage Terraform resources, view plans, auto-apply cloud resources, detect drift, and support multi-tenant deployments with the Terraform Controller. This feature can help you simplify infrastructure management tasks, ensure consistency, and reduce complexity in your deployments. Read moreTerraform Controller
4. Policy Controls via Weave Policy Agent: Strengthen governance and end-to-end security across your Kubernetes environment with Weave Policy Agent. Define and enforce policies with the Weave Policy Agent, ensuring consistency, compliance, and improving your security posture. Learn more.
5. Secrets Management: This feature can help you enhance security by providing built-in support for managing secrets using SOPS or External Secrets Operator (ESO). It provides visibility and control over secret status, ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information.Weave GitOps Enterprise - Secrets Management
Automate Cluster Management & Application Delivery with Weave GitOps Enterprise
Weave GitOps Enterprise is an all-encompassing solution that simplifies application lifecycle management. It seamlessly integrates with enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO) to provide granular Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), and extends the capabilities of GitOps to encompass Terraform management. Watch the demo below and contact us for a free consultation today.