Before launching the stack:
- Set up an Amazon Account
- Create the Key Pairs. You will need to reference the name of the key pairs when you create the stack.
- Sign up to Weave Cloud and get a Service token
Ready to launch Weave? Click here to launch a stack to AWS:
Configuring the Stack
1. Enable ‘Specify an Amazon S3 template URL’ and then click Next.
2. Enter a name for the stack, choose the name of the key pair, and then paste in the Service token.
3. The options dialog doesn’t require any input, just click next.
4. In the confirmation dialog, review the stack, acknowledge that this may use IAM resources and click Next.
The CloudFormation stack dashboard appears, where you can monitor the progress of the stack’s creation. It takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. Press the refresh button in the top right corner to view its progress.
Once the stack creation has completed, go to the outputs tab in the AWS console, and click the link.
From within Weave Cloud, Explore the sample app as it runs in an EC2 cluster.
Note: Use this Cloudformation as the basis for adding in your containerized app. See AWS Cloudformation for information on how to edit this template.