reports on the current status of various Weave Net components, including DNS:
... Service: dns Domain: weave.local. Upstream: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 TTL: 1 Entries: 9 ...
The first section covers the router; see the troubleshooting guide for more details.
The ‘Service: dns’ section is pertinent to weaveDNS, and includes:
- The local domain suffix which is being served
- The list of upstream servers used for resolving names not in the local domain
- The response ttl
- The total number of entries
You may also use
weave status dns to obtain a complete
dump of all DNS registrations.
Information on the processing of queries, and the general operation of weaveDNS, can be obtained from the container logs with
docker logs weave
- The server will not know about restarted containers, but if you re-attach a restarted container to the weave network, it will be re-registered with weaveDNS.
- The server may give unreachable IPs as answers, since it doesn’t try to filter by reachability. If you use subnets, align your hostnames with the subnets.