Istio, securing your service mesh on Kubernetes. Do I need it? (Rob Richardson)
Istio, Securing Your Service Mesh on Kubernetes. Do I need it?
Speaker: Rob Richardson, Software Developer, Richardson & Sons, LLC
You may be hearing about service meshes and technologies like Istio. There are benefits that the technologies address, but they also bring in added levels of complexity.
Join Rob Richardson who will help break it down:
- Intro to service meshes
- Pros / cons (benefits / complexities)
- Use cases where you may prefer existing or different solutions
- Use cases where you may stay the course, but start taking steps toward using a service mesh
- Use cases where you'll likely benefit from using a service mesh, and what best practices to keep in mind.
- UTC / -Register Now
Advanced Techniques for Building Container Images
Docker's slogan is "Build, Ship And Run Any App Anywhere," but in the last couple of years the "build" part seems to have stagnated. That all changed with the release of buildkit, which is now part of Docker 19.03. In this talk Adrian Mouat, Chief Scientist at Container Solutions, will take a look at the new tooling and how it can be used to improve the development build cycle.
Speaker: Adrian Mouat, Chief Scientist, Container Solutions
Bio: Adrian has been involved with containers from the early days of Docker and authored the O'Reilly book "Using Docker". He is currently Chief Scientist at Container Solutions, a pan-european company focusing on consulting and product development for microservices and containers.
- UTC / -Register now
From Pilot to Platform: Scaling Up Enterprise Kubernetes
Kubernetes has emerged as a de-facto platform for deploying container-based microservices. While this approach holds much promise, enterprises need to start on the right foot to not build up problems for later. So, how can you build a Kubernetes-based strategy that delivers both now and in the future?
In this 1-hour webinar with a GigaOM analyst and Steve George, COO Weaveworks, you will discover:
- What is the opportunity and challenge presented by Kubernetes-based microservices delivery?
- How to ensure the right elements of strategy, to maximize effectiveness while minimizing risk?
- What might a staged approach look like, depending on where the organization is in its own journey?
- What roles and responsibilities are required to embed Kubernetes in the enterprise?
- UTC / -Register Today
Weaveworks will be at Microsoft's annual gathering of technology leaders and practitioners. Learn, explore, and connect through deep technical training, sessions, and hands-on labs at Microsoft Ignite.
San Diego, California
KubeCon CloudNativeCon North America
Join us for an in person workshop at KubeCon San Diego "Your path to production ready Kubernetes"!
Using a combination of instructor-led demonstrations and hands-on exercises, the workshop will enable the attendee to go into detail on the following topics:
- Developing and operating your Kubernetes microservices at scale
- DevOps best practices and the movement towards a “GitOps” approach
- Building with Kubernetes in production: caring for your apps, implementing CI/CD best practices, and utilizing the right metrics, monitoring tools, and automated alerts
- Operating Kubernetes in production: Upgrading and managing Kubernetes, managing incident response, and adhering to security best practices for Kubernetes
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s flagship conference gathers leading contributors and technologists from leading open source and cloud native communities in San Diego from November 18-21 to provide a platform for showcasing a full range of technologies that support the cloud native ecosystem. Join CNCF’s hosted projects – Kubernetes, Prometheus, OpenTracing, Fluentd, Linkerd, gRPC, CoreDNS, containerd, rkt, CNI, Envoy, Jaeger, Notary, TUF, Vitess, NATS, and Helm – and help bring cloud native project communities together.
Las Vegas, Nevada
AWS re:Invent 2019 is the Amazon Web Services annual user conference dedicated to cloud strategies, IT architecture and infrastructure, operations, security and developer productivity.
Join Weaveworks and 65,000 attendees for five action-packed days of technical content, hands-on learning, keynote announcements, a multi-venue Partner Expo, evening events, and more.
Find us at booth #725 at the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas.